What is service design?
- Digital 9 Common Myths about Service Design – Scottish Government Digital Blog
- Service Design. Excuse me… what?. “ – by Mariel Macia
- Service Design. Translators across people, business and tech – by Mariel Macia
How does it compare with other roles?
- Comparing service design and business analysis – by Ben Holliday
- Service Design and UX Design: What’s the Difference? – by DesignLab
Want to become a Service Designer?
Here are some links that could help:
- Become a service designer in government: step by step – Design in government Blog
- How to create a portfolio to apply for a design role in government – Design in government Blog
- How can you support people interested in service design? – Design in government Blog
- Resources for further learning on service design (Google doc with more resources)
- Service Design: A Reading List – by Mike Press
- A common language to understand services – by Kate Tarling
- What advice would you give to service design students? – by Kirsty Joan Sinclair
- What is a service designer (by Lou Downe)
The Scottish Approach to Service Design
- The Scottish Approach to Service Design (PDF)
- A Scottish Approach to designing public services – mygov.scot resources
- The Scottish Approach to Service Design (SAtSD) – gov.scot